Breakaway Leadership Session
April 28, 2022 @ 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
One event on January 13, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 24, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on March 24, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on April 28, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on May 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on June 21, 2022 at 8:30 am
New for 2021-22! Breakaway Leadership is a six-month leadership development program intended to help participants learn new habits and skills that will enable them to perform at the highest levels of leadership 24/7, setting themselves apart from other leaders. Topics include mental health, social-emotional health, stress management, sleep, time management, weight management, exercise, etc. and how each area affects participants’ leadership capacity.
Who Should Participate
Breakaway Leadership was designed especially for Texas public school superintendents who want to learn skills and habits to set them apart from other leaders. By focusing on developing and improving all aspects of their well-being – mental, social-emotional, physical – participants will come to the leadership table with a level of fitness that enables them to lead from a position of strength and clarity – all day every day.
Team Members Welcome
Participating superintendents may invite up to three members of their cabinet/executive leadership team to participate in the program along with them.
Physical Exam Recommended
Participants will be asked to schedule and complete a full physical check-up with their personal physician before beginning the program in January 2022. Participants will use this information to set personal, confidential wellness goals.
Breakaway Leadership’s format is hybrid, with both virtual and in-person sessions. Each session will feature nationally recognized speakers that will address leadership skills required of superintendents and how the various elements of wellness directly relate to leadership effectiveness. Each session will focus on a theme/topic intended to inspire participants to reflect and change behaviors, as well as accountability group conversations designed to support individual success.
- Monday, October 4 – Registration Opens
- Friday, November 5 – Registration Closes
- October – December – Participants Complete Physical Assessment
- Monday, January 10, 2022 – Participants begin Wondr Health curriculum
- Tuesday, January 11 – 8-10 a.m. – Opening Session Part A (Virtual)
- Thursday, January 13 –8-10 a.m. – Opening Session Part B (Virtual)
- Monday, January 31 – Wednesday, February 2 – Breakout Sessions at TASA Midwinter Conference (In-Person/Austin Convention Center)
- Thursday, February 24, 2-4 p.m. – Learning and Accountability Check-In Month 2 (Virtual)
- Thursday, March 24, 2-4 p.m. – Learning and Accountability Check-In Month 3 (Virtual)
- Thursday, April 28, 2-4 p.m. – Learning and Accountability Check-In Month 4 (Virtual)
- Tuesday, May 17, 2-4 p.m. – Learning and Accountability Check-In Month 5 (Virtual)
- Tuesday, June 21, 8:30-10:30 a.m. – Closing Session and Celebration Month 6 (In-Person/Kalahari Resort)
Register October 4-November 5 in the online TASA Member Services Center. Participating superintendents may invite up to three members of their cabinet/executive leadership team to participate in the program along with them. Cost is $685 per participant and includes a 12-week membership in the Wondr Health program. TASA Midwinter Conference and TASA txedFest conference registration must be purchased separately.
- April 28, 2022
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- ALL PROFESSIONAL LEARNING, Breakaway Leadership, CALENDAR, Leadership and Transformation, Webinar or Online Learning
- Event Tags:
- Breakaway Leadership, health, mental health, social-emotional health, stress management, time management, weight management, wellness, Wondr Health
- View Event Website
- TX United States
- REGISTER ONLINE
- View Event Website