Assistant Principal Leadership Academy
TASA partners with N2 Learning to offer the Assistant Principal Leadership Academy (APL), which not only prepares assistant principals to take on the role of principal, but also helps them to grow as transformational leaders.
2020-21 APL will be virtual
APL will be conducted virtually for health and safety reasons during 2020-21, so participants will have the opportunity to learn alongside assistant principals from across the state on the following dates (8:30 a.m.-noon):
September 15, 2020
October 20, 2020
December 3, 2020
February 9, 2021
April 20, 2021
June 7, 2021
About the Academy
APL participants will engage in work that:
- develops understanding of the core principles of Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas
- encourages the practical application of transformational leadership ideas
- prepares them for the principalship
- develops skills specific to school leadership
- places value on building a learning organization
Assistant principals who participate in APL will benefit not only from what they learn during the academy, but also from being part of a cohort of like-minded leaders — a network they can come to rely on in the years to come.
Who Should Attend
Assistant principals who strive to be:
- prepared for the role of principal
- engaged in purposeful networks of leaders of meaningful work that advances the principles in Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas
- transformative leaders
Registration is open for the 2020-21 Assistant Principals Leadership Academy on the N2 Learning website.
Other N2 Learning Events
TASA partners with N2 Learning on several professional development offerings that further our mission of developing school leaders who create and sustain student-centered schools and develop future-ready students. These partnerships are one way we are working to provide learning opportunities that align with the various career pathways of TASA members and other school leaders.
The Assistant Principal Leadership Academy offers up to 24 hours of Continuing Professional Education credit.
Learning & Events