If you meet the professional administrator’s certificate requirements, have equivalent professional training, or serve in an administrative position, you should join TASA as an Active Member. This includes:
- superintendents of schools
- deputy/associate/assistant superintendents
- central office or other district-level administrators
- campus-level administrators
The TASA membership year runs September 1 of the current year through August 31 of the next year. TASA does not prorate dues for memberships that begin after September 1.
Active Superintendent Membership — .004 x gross annual salary ($290 minimum)
Active Membership, Other Than Superintendent — .003 x gross annual salary ($190 minimum)TASA ACTIVE DUES CALCULATOR
Active Members who would like to become part of a select group that recognizes the importance of developing and sustaining the association as a preeminent advocate for public education are invited to add on Sustaining Membership for $100 above the regular membership dues.
- experiences and resources that allow you to grow as a school leader — Get discounted rates on professional learning experiences, including innovative conferences like TASA Midwinter — the most popular annual conference for Texas school leaders.
- legal and career support — Enjoy peace of mind knowing you are eligible for job-related legal consultation as part of your TASA membership (see eligibility requirements) and have access to TASA’s Career Center, a job posting site featuring thousands of employment opportunities.
- access to financial planning services — TASA members in the Active Membership Category are eligible for a variety of important financial planning services at reduced rates, including two free hours of financial consultation paid by TASA.
- access to mental health/wellness programs — In addition to our Breakaway Leadership leadership development program, TASA members and their families have access to mental health and stress-reduction/wellness programs that support their overall well-being.
- resources that help you stay informed and advocate for public education in Texas — Receive daily education news via our popular TASA Daily e-newsletter and Capitol Watch Alert legislative/policy emails, comprehensive bill summaries, our INSIGHT professional journal, Texas School Business magazine, and a host of other tools and resources to stay up to date on education issues and advocate for Texas public schools.
- leadership support — TASA members may call on our team of Executive Superintendents — highly regarded former superintendents who are experts on public school leadership. They are your “go-to” on matters related to public school leadership, career pathways, and the transformation of Texas public education.
- opportunities to engage in your professional association — Active Members have full voting privileges and are eligible to hold office in TASA or serve on committees. Experienced superintendent members may also serve as mentors to new superintendents.
- option to add valuable district services — With your membership, you may enroll your district in our optional district subscription services, which can help you make an even greater impact on your schools and community.
- scholarship eligibility — Active members who are doctoral students are eligible to apply for TASA’s Johnny L. Veselka Scholarship.