- This event has passed.
Breakaway Leadership Virtual Session 1
January 19 @ 8:30 am to 10:30 am$125 – $585
It’s back for year two! Breakaway Leadership is a six-month leadership development program intended to help participants learn new habits and skills that will enable them to perform at the highest levels of leadership 24/7, setting themselves apart from other leaders. Topics include mental health, social-emotional health, stress management, sleep, time management, weight management, exercise, etc. and how each area affects participants’ leadership capacity.
Who Should Participate
Breakaway Leadership was designed for Texas campus and district leaders who want to learn skills and habits to set them apart from other leaders. By focusing on developing and improving all aspects of their well-being – mental, social-emotional, physical – participants will come to the leadership table with a level of fitness that enables them to lead from a position of strength and clarity – all day every day. The 2023 program is open to all campus and district leaders! If you are an assistant principal, principal, central office administrator, assistant / associate / deputy superintendent, or superintendent, Breakaway Leadership is for you!
Physical Exam Recommended
Participants will be asked to schedule and complete a full physical check-up with their personal physician before beginning the program in January 2023. Participants will use this information to set personal, confidential wellness goals.
Breakaway Leadership’s format is hybrid, with both virtual and in-person sessions. Each session will feature nationally recognized speakers that will address leadership skills required of superintendents and how the various elements of wellness directly relate to leadership effectiveness. Each session will focus on a theme/topic intended to inspire participants to reflect and change behaviors, as well as accountability group conversations designed to support individual success. Find details on the speakers.
- Friday, October 14 – Registration Opens
- Thursday, December 15 – Registration Closes
- October – December – Participants Complete Physical Assessment
- Monday, January 16, 2023 – Participants begin Wondr Health curriculum
- Thursday, January 19 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 1
- Monday, January 30, or Tuesday, January 31 – Breakout session at the TASA Midwinter Conference
- Thursday, February 9 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 2
- Thursday, March 9 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 3
- Thursday, April 20 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 4
- Thursday, May 11 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 5
- Thursday, June 8 (8:30-10:30 a.m.) – Virtual Session 6
- Wednesday, June 14 – Closing Event & Celebration at TASA txedFest (tentative)
|Do you have access to Wondr Health through your district?||TASA Member Rate||Non-member Rate|
*Rate is limited to districts on a confirmed list of Wondr Health subscribers. The Alvin, Austin, Coppell, East Central, Harlingen, Highland Park (10), Lubbock, Lytle, New Caney, North East, Ponder, Scurry-Rosser, and Shepherd school districts are all confirmed subscribers. If you are in one of these districts, please contact your HR department for instructions on how to access the program, which will be used throughout Breakaway Leadership.
The registration fee includes participation in six virtual sessions as well as an in-person session at the 2023 Midwinter Conference and a luncheon at TASA txedFest in June 2023. TASA Midwinter Conference and TASA txedFest conference registration must be purchased separately.
How to Register
Register by January 13 in the online TASA Member Services Center. Log in, select the Events tab, then choose Breakaway Leadership Cohort 2.
- January 19
8:30 am to 10:30 am
- $125 – $585
- Event Categories:
- ALL PROFESSIONAL LEARNING, Breakaway Leadership, CALENDAR, Leadership and Transformation, Webinar or Online Learning
- Event Tags:
- Breakaway Leadership, health, mental health, social-emotional health, stress management, time management, weight management, wellness, Wondr Health
- REGISTER ONLINE
2022-23 Principals’ InstituteMarch 28 @ 8:00 am to March 29 @ 3:00 pm
2022-23 Executive Leadership InstituteMarch 28 @ 8:00 am to March 29 @ 3:00 pm
CMSi Curriculum Writing Workshop – Spring 2022 (In-Person)March 28 @ 8:30 am to March 30 @ 4:00 pm