The election process for TASA Executive Committee positions representing odd-numbered regions is underway. Four members will complete their first terms on May 31, 2021, and have notified the TASA office of their intent to seek a second term to begin June 1, 2021. Five members who will complete their second two-year terms on May 31, 2021, are ineligible to run again, and one member who is eligible to seek a second term will be retiring at the end of the school year. Members elected will serve a two-year term from June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2023.
Members Seeking Second Terms
- Region 1 – Gonzalo Salazar, Los Fresnos CISD
- Region 3 – Jo Ann Bludau, Hallettsville, ISD
- Region 9 – Michael Kuhrt, Wichita Falls ISD
- Region 15 – Joe Young, Brownwood ISD
Members Whose Positions will be Vacant as of June 1
- Region 5 – Todd Lintzen, Bridge City ISD (retiring)
- Region 7 – Stan Surratt, Lindale ISD (completed two terms)
- Region 11 – David Belding, Aubrey ISD (completed two terms)
- Region 13 – Jodi Duron, Elgin ISD (completed two terms)
- Region 17 – Keith Bryant, Lubbock-Cooper ISD (completed two terms)
- Region 19 – Jeannie Meza-Chavez, San Elizario ISD (completed two terms)
The 2021 Executive Committee Election Operating Procedures state that a candidate or any TASA member in the region may initiate a petition to secure a nomination for a seat on the Executive Committee. The petition form can be obtained by contacting Ann Roland at TASA headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.477.6361.
Petitions must be supported by signatures of active TASA members in the region, totaling a number equal to 15 percent of the active members in the region, but no less than five, as of May 31, 2020. (See the number of signatures required for each odd-numbered region. The information is at the bottom of the page under “Petition Requirements.”)
Petitions containing the required number of signatures must be received by the TASA executive director no later than February 15, 2021.
Find details on this election cycle, the vacancies, and the nomination process under “Executive Committee Election Requirements & Eligibility” at the bottom of the TASA Executive Committee webpage.