Six members of the TASA Executive Committee who are eligible to serve another term will begin new two-year terms on June 1. They are: Charles Dupre, superintendent, Fort Bend ISD (ESC 4); Clark Ealy, superintendent, College Station ISD (ESC 6); Kevin Worthy, superintendent, Royse City ISD (ESC 10); George Kazanas, superintendent, Midway ISD (ESC 12); Shaun Barnett, superintendent, Stamford ISD (ESC 14); and Ariel Elliott, superintendent, Greenwood ISD (ESC 18).
In Region 8, where the Executive Committee member was not eligible for another term, Judd Marshall, superintendent, Mount Pleasant ISD, was elected to a two-year term, beginning June 1, by submitting the necessary petitions, without opposition.
In Regions 2, 16, and 20, seven TASA members submitted petitions for inclusion on the election ballots, mailed to TASA members in Regions 2, 16, and 20 on February 28.
The candidates for the Region 2 position are:
- Tim Little, superintendent, Ben Bolt-Palito Blanco ISD
- Corey Seymour, superintendent, Santa Gertrudis ISD
- Max Thompson, superintendent, Banquete ISD
The candidates for the Region 16 position are:
- Donna Hale, superintendent, Miami ISD
- Marshall Harrison, superintendent, Sunray ISD
The candidates for the Region 20 position are:
- Richard Grill, superintendent, Sabinal ISD
- Michelle Carroll Smith, superintendent, Lytle ISD
Election ballots are to be returned to the TASA office, postmarked no later than Friday, March 9.