TASA has joined 20 other organizations with vested interest in public education to support recommendations that ensure students, parents, and taxpayers have more voice in the choices they make for their children and communities.
The five recommendations for the 88th Texas Legislature meeting in 2023 encourage improved charter school ethics and oversight including:
- Guarantee parents’ rights and the right to informed choice.
- Safeguard public funds: Eliminate conflicts of interest and misuse of public funds.
- Educate all children and guarantee all students access.
- Guarantee parents and taxpayers a voice in charter expansion.
- Provide fair funding for public schools.