If you or another TASA member you know will retire from education this school year, you may nominate yourself or that person for TASA Honorary Life Membership. Honorary Life Membership is reserved for school administrators who have demonstrated extraordinary devotion to education and to the association during their careers.
The TASA Constitution provides for awarding Honorary Life Memberships to retiring administrators who meet the following criteria:
- Retirement from one of the administrative positions listed in Article III, Section 2, of the TASA Constitution (an administrative position in a public, county, or private school or association, college or university)
- At least 25 years of experience in education
- Ten years of membership in TASA
- A member of TASA upon retirement
- A record of outstanding service to the education profession
- Approval by the TASA Executive Committee
- Remain connected with your professional association and fellow TASA members after retirement.
- Stay up to date on what’s happening in Texas public schools via TASA communications.
- Be listed as a TASA Honorary Life Member in the annual TASA membership directory, Who’s Who in Texas Public Schools.
If you are eligible for Honorary Life Membership, please complete the 2022 Nomination Form. Nomination forms must be completed no later than November 12, 2021. TASA’s 2022 Honorary Life Memberships will be presented during the TASA Midwinter Conference January 30-February 2, 2022.