If you or another TASA member you know will retire from education this school year, you may nominate yourself or that person for TASA Honorary Life Membership. Honorary Life Membership is reserved for school administrators who have demonstrated extraordinary devotion to education and to the association during their careers.
The TASA Constitution provides for awarding Honorary Life Memberships to retiring administrators who meet the following criteria:
- Retirement from one of the administrative positions listed in Article III, Section 2, of the TASA Constitution (an administrative position in a public, county, or private school or association, college or university)
- At least 25 years of experience in education
- Ten years of membership in TASA
- A member of TASA upon retirement
- A record of outstanding service to the education profession
- Approval by the TASA Executive Committee
- opportunities to stay engaged and connected after retirement — TASA members benefit from both organized and informal opportunities to connect with colleagues. Honorary Life members have the opportunity to engage with practicing school administrators at TASA events — both in-person and virtual.
- resources that help you stay informed and advocate for public education in Texas — Receive daily education news via our popular TASA Daily e-newsletter and Capitol Watch Alert legislative/policy emails, comprehensive bill summaries, our INSIGHT professional journal, Texas School Business magazine, and a host of other tools and resources to stay up to date on education issues and advocate for Texas public schools.
- access to mental health/wellness programs — TASA members and their families have access to mental health and stress-reduction/wellness programs that support their overall well-being.
- recognition in the TASA membership directory — Be listed as a TASA Honorary Life Member in the annual TASA membership directory.
(Honorary Life members do NOT have the right to vote, hold office, or receive legal support/financial planning services via TASA.)
Nominations for the current cycle closed November 17, 2023. TASA’s 2024 Honorary Life Memberships will be presented during the TASA Midwinter Conference January 28-31, 2024.