The Texas Public Accountability Consortium (TPAC) — TASA’s popular, district-led network of school leaders looking to transform Texas’ A-F accountability system into a Community-Based Accountability System — is expanding for 2023-24! Superintendents interested in creating a system of accountability that empowers communities and student-centered schools are invited to apply by June 30.
As a TPAC district, you will:
- be part of a collaborative network that has the power to truly transform public education in Texas
- learn from districts from across the state that are approaching district and campus improvement in a completely new way
- gain resources, models, and examples of organizational transformation that increase transparency, build community involvement and stakeholder buy-in, provide leaders with actionable data, and strengthen the leadership within the district
- enhance your ability to lead in times of change
2023-24 TPAC Events
While the 2023-24 TPAC events are still under development by the district leader-led TPAC Design Team, the events will center around the emerging needs of school leaders while maintaining an emphasis on the principles outlined in the TASA visioning document, Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas (special focus on Articles III and IV: Assessment for Learning and Accountability for Learning). Published in 2008, the document has come to guide the school transformation movement in the state. Districts that join TPAC will have the opportunity to attend two in-person events—one in fall 2023 and one in spring 2024:
- TPAC Meeting #1: Wednesday-Thursday, October 11-12. The location for this meeting is still to be determined. Day 1 is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., followed by a group dinner. Day 2 is 8 a.m. to noon, and will include breakfast.
- TPAC Meeting #2: Wednesday-Thursday, March 27-28. This meeting will be hosted by The Holdsworth Center, Lake Austin Campus. Day 1 is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., followed by a group dinner. Day 2 is 8 a.m. to noon, and will include breakfast.
Fees and Additional Seats
The fee to cover 2023-24 event-related expenses is $500 per participating district leader. Districts may request up to five total seats for members of their district CBAS team* (central office or campus leaders). *Districts do not have to bring the same team members to all TPAC events; they may bring different leaders to each event. Before each event, districts will be asked to provide the name(s) of the team members who will attend.
How to Apply
A limited number of seats are available for new members, so leaders interested signing up for TPAC for 2023-24 should complete this online application by close of business, Friday, June 30.
Please be prepared to describe:
- your experience with school transformation and why you are interested in Community-Based Accountability Systems for your district
- how you have incorporated the visioning document principles into your leadership practice
- what you hope to gain from being part of TPAC
You are invited to read more about TPAC or contact a current TPAC member to discuss their experience. Learn more about Community-Based Accountability Systems and the districts leading the work.