2023-24 Budget Cohort for Texas District Leaders – February Event (In-person)
February 20, 2024 @ 11:45 am to 4:00 pm
The 2023-24 Budget Cohort for Texas District Leaders is a series of nine events to be held throughout the school year. It is designed to allow your district to better utilize its finance and business functions to support and enhance other areas, including curriculum and instruction, human resources, and special programs, so your superintendent, chief financial officer, chief curriculum officer, and human resources officers should attend together. Up to three team members are included in the registration fee! All training will be led by subject matter experts identified by TASA, TASB, and TASBO and will follow this schedule of topics.
This Training Session
The February 20 training, conducted 11:45 a.m.-4 p.m., will be conducted at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston during TASBO’s Engage Conference. Focuses are:
- Things to Consider when Closing Your ESSER Funds
- Communicating the Complexities of School Finance
- Understanding Transportation Funding and Tips for Solving Staffing Shortages
- Are You Adequately Insured? Tips to Minimize Your Exposure
- Recognizing the Impact of Staffing on the Master Schedule
- Understanding Fund Balance
The 2023-24 Texas District Leaders Budget Cohort will receive 30 hours of training.
$3,750 per team (up to three participants from a district) for all nine events.
Districts may send up to two additional participants to all eight events at the rate of $500 each.
(Please note: You must be logged in to the TASBO website to register online.)