Online Events & Webinars
TASA, many of our Corporate Partners, and other organizations are offering free webinars and other learning opportunities for school leaders and other educators to help them overcome the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting school closures.
AASA, The School Superintendents Association, is offering a series of virtual events designed for school leaders to learn about topics related to running their districts under quarantine, staying connected to staff and students, implementing and ensuring quality distance learning, and more.
Dell Technologies is offering a professional learning series for district/campus leaders, teachers, and CIOs. Webinar leaders are mainly educators, CIOs, professors, and leading experts in their fields. Topics include:
- Addressing Digital Equity Issues in Remote Learning
- Leading and Managing in Remote Learning Environment (for leaders)
- Assessing Remotely
- Building a Digital Community of Learners
- Using Video and Streaming to Teach Remote Learning
Edmentum is providing free planning resources and webinars so that educators can continue to meet learners’ academic needs. OnDemand webinars available include:
- Keep Students Learning with Contingency Plans
- How to Support Your Students During School Closures
- Best Practices for Teachers Making the Switch to Virtual Instruction
- How Educators Can Address Special Populations, Accountability, Staff Training and More When Implementing eLearning
Education Elements is offering free webinars, facilitated drop-in chats, and 1:1 office hours for K-12 leaders in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Also download the Building a Remote Work Culture Guide.
- There are more than 60 Google Cloud training courses available on-demand, and you can now take the most popular learning paths on Pluralsight or Coursera at no cost for 30 days.
- You can also access self-paced labs at no charge on Qwiklabs for 30 days. There are labs available for all skill levels, and many are also offered in multiple languages.
- You can also tune into Cloud Study Jams webinars at no cost, where you can watch Googlers lead hands-on lab demonstrations and answer your questions live on a variety of topics, including machine learning, understanding GCP costs, and more.
IBM AI Education is online professional development for educators that provides an excellent example of interactive, online classroom engagement PLUS allows educators to earn an IBM industry digital badge in AI.
The IBM Skills team also offers webinars, courses, and resources for students and educators. Topics range from cutting-edge technologies to how to use technology in the classroom and even professional skills.
- View the webinar “COVID-19 & School Finance” in which the Moak, Casey finance team focuses on state funding issues, including the impact of the crisis on 2019-20 school business operations, 2020-21 budget considerations, and the 87th legislative session.
- View the webinar “COVID-19 & Accountability” in which the accountability team at Moak Casey focuses on guidance related to instructional continuity, grading and assessments, and what the cancellation of STAAR means for school district accountability.
NWEA wishes to serve districts and schools by providing information learned from recent research into the impact of COVID-19 closures on learning loss going into the new school year.
Download the white paper “COVID-19 slide: What summer learning loss can tell us about the potential impact of school closures on student academic achievement”
With an intense focus on how to create healthier environments, many school districts are looking for strategies to make changes to their facilities without redirecting critical funds away from necessary programming and services. The benefits of healthier building design have been proven to positively impact the health, safety and performance of building occupants. In today’s challenging environment, funding and implementing these critical design improvements requires innovation and a roadmap for long-term success.
Schneider Electric’s “Creating Healthy Buildings: A Roadmap for Texas School Districts” on-demand webinar covers:
- Five key pillars to creating healthier facilities for students, employees, and residents
- Available technologies that improve and protect the health of building occupants
- The benefit vs. cost journey every administrator and civic leader should make when evaluating healthy building measures
- Where to begin building the roadmap to healthier buildings
Resources from TASA's Corporate Partners
TASA Corporate Partners have stepped up to provide a variety of products and services at no charge to Texas school districts as school leaders work to establish remote learning programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources from Other Organizations
A variety of other education-related associations, organizations, and companies are providing valuable information or services to assist school leaders during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources from TASA Members
Find resources, ideas, and tools being used in districts across the state that may be helpful in yours.