2020-21 Budget Cohort for Texas District Leaders – February Event
The 2020-21 Budget Cohort for Texas District Leaders will meet throughout the year — virtually at first, then later at TASA, TASB, and TASBO events, as health and safety conditions allow. The training is designed to allow your district to better utilize its finance and business functions to support and enhance other areas, including curriculum and instruction, human resources, and special programs, so your superintendent, chief financial officer, chief curriculum officer, and human resources officers should attend together. Up to 5 team members are included in the virtual event registration fee! All training will be led by subject matter experts identified by TASA, TASB, and TASBO and will follow this monthly schedule of topics.
This Training Session
The February 16 training will focus on the following topics:
- Updates on state funding
- Understanding the components of the district tax rate
- Strategic staffing and compensation
- Managing the relationship between the business office and HR
- Staffing for cost savings (repurposing existing staff to provide needed support)
- TASB Salary Survey data availability and how you can use it
- Reinventing the master schedule to meet projections and district needs
- Timing of master schedule development. Don’t wait until summer!
The February 16 training will be conducted at the TASBO Engage Annual Conference, scheduled to be held as a hybrid event in Austin February 15-19, 2021. Exact hours TBA.
The 2020-21 Texas District Leaders Budget Cohort will receive 31 hours of training.
$3,000 per team (up to 5 team members may attend virtual events at this rate)
Additional In-Person Event Fee
Registered teams may send up to 3 team members to live events at no additional cost; each additional team member attending a live event must pay a $50 fee to cover expenses.
Please note: The cohort is full for the 2020-21 school year.