Breakout Session applications will be accepted via TASA's Member Services Center March 1 through April 8, 2016. All correspondence related to Breakout Sessions is distributed electronically; a valid email address is required for ALL presenters (both main presenters and co-presenters).
- Applications must be submitted by the due date.
- Only on-line submissions will be accepted.
- Breakout Sessions must be one (1) hour in length.
- Submissions are limited to three (3) per school district or organization.
- Sales presentations will NOT be accepted.
- All presenters (main and co-presenters) must register and pay the appropriate fee to attend the TASA/TASB Convention.
Sessions focus on an array of topics addressing school leadership and management for superintendents, board members, and administrators and should be submitted under the following categories:
- Board/Superintendent Partnerships
- Community Engagement
- Digital Integration/Technology Applications
- Facilities & Design
- Governance & Oversight
- Instructional Programs & Assessment
- Leadership Development
- Transformational Leadership
Teaching the Adult Learner
TASA/TASB seek interactive sessions, and asks that you think about the following questions as you design your session. Preference will be given to interactive sessions with two-three specific learning outcomes that are clearly related to the work of a school board and school administrators.
- What will attendees know and/or be able to do after attending your session?
- How will this session equip school board members and school administrators to lead their districts effectively?
- What will attendees be doing during the session (interactive discussion, learning activities, skill-building exercises, etc.)
Submission of an application does not guarantee selection. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of TASA/TASB representatives, with preference being given to those applications that include a school board member or administrator as the main or co presenter(s). In addition, applications for school law topics must include at least one licensed attorney in the presenting group; preference will be given to presenters who are members of the TASB Council of School Attorneys (CSA). Session acceptance/rejection letters will be emailed in late May.
Questions should be directed to Paul Whitton Jr., TASA or 512.477.6361.